Summer Assignment #4

            On the list of books I got to choose from this one grabbed my eye. The thing that grabbed my attention wasn't the main part of the cover it was the picture bellow the title and below the authors name. A picture of people with uniforms burning something with them all standing around looking like they have gas masks on. The connections I saw after reading was my great grandma lived in Germany during World War II and fled to the United States. Se told me that any outside information going against the beliefs of the Germans was to be burned and was illegal to read. Another thought is what it would be like to have everything we read censored and some stuff be illegal and have to sneak a book to read. If I had to recommend this book to anyone it would be to anybody that is a book lover because it would really open up their eyes on how easy it is for them to read any book they want, and how hard it was for people during World War II. I would also recommend this to anybody that lived in Germany during World War II because it would re explain there experiences from someone else's point of view.   

Comments